Well...this is my second post. I am REALLY missing home right now...not great with dealing with it but I have an interesting few days ahead to get that off my mind. The quiet is a killer for me...unfortunately, the time that I used to enjoy is now filled with the sadness of not seeing everyone at home...in particular, my family. It's nighttime right now, which is, of course quiet time...figures, right? I know the homesickness will pass but it seems like forever from my perspective. I am determined, however, to push through and get over that.
Language is another contributor to my homesickness. Danish is a very difficult language and it takes time...key word being time... I learn new things everyday, including Danish, but it seems to be too much to take in. I am forgetting things (like I have been known to do) and remembering other things...I guess I am just overwhelmed.
While I am missing home and venting in this post, I DO NOT want anyone to think I am depressed or unhappy in any way! It's the daytime where I am able to forget my homesickness. Although returning home right now may seem like a good idea, I don't feel in my heart that it would be the right thing for me to do. I know things will get better and that my feelings are just magnified by my confusion.
I think it is bad timing and the fact that I am not in school until 2 weeks into my exchange makes this more difficult. Basically, I am interacting with the same 3 or 4 people. This isn't bad and they're all awesome, but it isn't the kind of interaction I need to get the most out of this exchange.
Tomorrow, I am supposed to meet AG's biological father and her sister. I am not sure, however, what else we will be doing. Saturday is Legoland, like I said in my last post. And now, Tuesday, I am going to be on a train with my host family's neighbor exploring Denmark. The neighbor is a conductor, I guess, and it's less like exploring and more like seeing major Danish cities through a window. Which is fine because I will probably see more later in this exchange. What I'm not sure I like about Tuesday is that I have to be awake by 3:30AM! Not sure what is happening Wednesday, and Thursday..........School starts! Again, not sure what to expect, except that the first days will probably be difficult...what else is new? Wish me luck!
Sorry this post is so long again...and to bring anyone down...just venting.
To my family- I miss you all more than I can even say. Would love to see you guys!... :)Can't wait for skype this sunday with Mom, Dad, and Sam.
To my friends- miss you guys too!
Signing off again...Godnat.
Wow Mark, I love reading your posts. Have a great time and keep blogging.
ReplyDeleteMatt's mom..Julie
Thanks! Glad you enjoy it.
Delete