07 August 2012

First Post

Obviously, this is my first post on this blog, so it will be pretty long. So far, Denmark is great! This is the end of my 4th day here and I am still alive! I know everyone should be happy to know that. As expected, there are some distinct differences between the US and Denmark. First, I have discovered a Fanta soda flavor  exclusive to Denmark...It's called Exotic and the name fits it VERY well! Another discovery I've made is that     wall outlets have switches to save power...it only took about twenty minutes to figure that out (facepalm).
Outlets also have different shapes than do outlets in the US. It was hard to find a correct adapter to fit everything. There is daylight from 4:00AM to about 10:20PM in mid-summer!
This is about 9:00 PM.
In Denmark, if you don't have a bike, you can't go anywhere. Cars are only for long distances outside of town. The bike issued to me by rotary has a seat like a rock, which is uncomfortable, as can be imagined. 
AG, my host sister, just returned from her exchange to Australia about a month ago and has a heavy Aussie accent...I should have expected we would be going back and forth joking about accents and pronunciations! Some students from a community college in Tennessee are here for a different program. It's great to hear some American English spoken. I am going to Legoland with these students on Saturday. I don't really know what to expect, but I've been told it will be a day when I can act like a child...but I think I do a pretty good job of that all the time! 
I miss everyone back in the US and hope you are having wonderful summers, while it lasts. Hopefully the next post won't be so long, and awkward...(not a great chance of that...haha). Signing off for now...
Godnat (good night)

No comments:

Post a Comment