12 September 2012

10th Post

     This post is very late, as can be expected from me at this point. It's mostly just about my weekend because school this week, so far, has been basically the same.
     First, it is with great sadness that I inform my avid readers (assuming there are a few) of the demise of my orange bicycle. The story of it's downfall, however, is actually quite amusing! By amusing, I really mean unenjoyable on so many levels. But, everything's funny with retrospect, right?
     For the sake of time, being that I have so much of it right now, I will use large words in a fruitless attempt to confuse all of you...muahahaha. My class period had finally ended on Friday afternoon and everyone was immensely excited for Sermo (School Party) later that night. I went to the bike racks and began my journey home. Within two minutes, my handlebars began to twist in ways they are not supposed too...take that as you will. After yet another minute, this one filled with confusion and an puzzled look on my face, the handlebars completely separated themselves from the rest of the bike. Naturally, I lost control of the bike, but I managed to slow down enough to plant a foot under myself to keep from wiping out completely. Picture me on a bike with the handlebars separated and a "What the F**K?" expression on my face. Yeah...funny to you. Anyway, long story short (but not too short!), I decided, stupid as I was, to carry the bike home for almost 2 miles... So much for being a fat American...
GOOD NEWS THOUGH, I got a new bike today!!! It is white and needs to be cleaned a bit, but it is functional and that is all that matters. Any suggestions on names for it? It's random and seems stupid, but i think it'd be fun to see people's reactions to it.
     On Friday night, there was a school party called Sermo! It was a lot of fun and there were so many people there. All I can say is that it is very different from what a school party back home would be...not that we have any parties in Smithtown... Friday night was great because I got to talk to/meet a lot of people and really be out of the house without a guide, which AG has been kind enough to be.
     Saturday was also great! My host parents took me to Odense for the day and we (we being my host mother, her father, and I) went into the city and I was given a tour. It was an awesome day, the sun was out and the temperature was nice. We went around the city and saw many of the sights, including Hans Christian Andersen's birthplace, house, and many statues. We also got ice cream, which is always a plus. Pictures on Facebook, as usual. Odense is a beautiful city and I hope to go back soon.
     On Sunday, after my host family informed me that there would be some sort of surprise that day, I found out I would be going flying with Tonny (Host Dad), his mother, and his son. I was even allowed to fly it myself! I managed to keep it in the air so we can consider that day a success for me.



     Now I will skip Monday, as it was a pretty slow day in comparison to the weekend preceding it.
     Good...I can breathe now that this post has caught up to the present.MORE GOOD NEWS!!! My host mother has arranged for me to do volunteer work at a dog kennel! I am so excited for the first day! In a very good place right now. But it is very late and I shouldn't be awake, so, signing off for now.
Godnat
-Mark

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Sorry, Jason hahaha...That's a great name, but I already named it. Thanks though!

      Delete
  2. Ok haha may i ask what's the name? Also, i can clearly picture that look on your face when that happened XD. Have a great second month because I might not get to post as much as I am now ):

    - Jason

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Buckbeak haha. And yes. my face was perfect for my mood that afternoon. Thanks! It's been awesome so far! By the way we should try to set up skype time soon. If you need, my email is markmhubbard@gmail.com. See ya.
      Mark

      Delete