18 August 2012

Second Day of School...and my day in general

Ok, so now I have caught up to the present. Today, I had History and Physics...

I guess I'll start with history because it was the most...interesting (?) I guess... When everyone walked into class and sat down my teacher decided to write on the chalkboard.............

"AMERICANS ARE FAT AND STUPID"   is what was written. Naturally, the entire class laughed... (not gonna lie) including myself. After everyone had their laughs, our teacher then wrote on another section of the board.......
"DANES ARE..."   At this point, I was asked to stand up and think of something to write. As soon as I stood up, my teacher stood as well and crossed off the "FAT" in his first sentence... After about five minutes, I still couldn't think of anything to write about Danes...after all, I've only been here for 2 weeks! My teacher then proceeded to put a giant circle around "STUPID" in his first sentence... If only I had thought of something clever to write...eh, too bad...lost my chance. I didn't mind it anyway...all in good fun, right?
    Once my teacher's little joke was over, we were told what we would be studying in the coming weeks...the United States Presidential Election.........just what I want to learn about on exchange to learn about Denmark! }:[ After that, our teacher played horrible metal songs about American freedom going wrong and war all the time and then we had to think of good and bad aspects of the US...weirdest class period ever!!!
    Oh.......another thing about Gymnasium in general... Class periods are 90 minutes, breaks in between are 20, classes can be cancelled, and free periods do exist. There are also beanbag chairs in the library for people to sit and nap on! Also, my class is not separated through the day. The same people in every class.
    I had 2nd period off, but the people in my class were in German...I knew no one in the cafeteria and went to sit alone at a random table with my trusty Deathly Hallows book. Time well spent, in my opinion! Then, 3rd period was physics...certain words I recognized, but I have given up on translating the words in between, for now.
   I had a pretty short day today,as well, and got home around 1:45...then started to read again.

Tonight, I was invited to go bowling with most of the people in my class. It was a lot of fun and it was also my first time out of the house without any of my host family members. I surprised myself by getting four strikes in a row in the third game but time ran out in the middle of it... >:[  After that, we all went to a pub not far from there, and talked. And before any of you wonder if I was drinking, I wasn't...I had a few cokes.
  I've found it is nice to have people to talk to other than the same handful of people. Homesickness is fading and I am starting to settle in, which I am happy about. I miss everyone back home, of course. All my family and friends, and hope you are all having awesome summers...This is the last post for tonight. Signing off for now! Godnat.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Mark ... I have been following your BLOG and I am so glad to hear that you are having a great time. I will miss you this year, but I know that this is an adventure of a lifetime.

    Mr. P.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mr. P. I'm glad you enjoy it. I am having a great time, and I will miss you this year as well. Next year I will be sure to visit often.

      -Mark

      Delete
    2. Hey Mark it's Jason. I am really glad to hear you're going to all these cool places and learning about this new place. I have been following the blog for a while but haven't gotten a chance to post :( I hope you had a great summer and a better start to the new school year. Good luck out there! I'm there for you. If you ever need to skype my skype is WEEZY_BABY_15-jasonr. Best wishes! XD

      - Jason

      Delete
    3. Thanks for following Jason! Miss you guys! I had a great summer and hope you did too. Good start to school year as well. And yeah, I'm sure we can set up something on skype soon!
      -Mark

      Delete